Current Job Openings
The Open Compute Project Foundation is seeking a full-time Community Manager. This is a senior level leader, who will drive an active, engaged and mature community of thousands of executive level technology professionals. This individual will be responsible for managing relationships with the community as well as the processes for membership, collaboration and governance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Communications, Marketing, Technology or related field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the technology sector, ideally in or around datacenters, telecommunications, hardware, servers or IT.
- Strong relationship management and program management skills
- Strong experience with contracts, intellectual property (trademarks, patents) and working with attorneys
- Collaborative in nature – can work alone, with minimal supervision, but ultimately is someone who brings people and organizations together for a greater common good
- Ability to work positively with a variety of personality types from different backgrounds.
- Excellent project management skills and follow through – if you say you are going to do something, you do it
- Can author and edit news items to community & social channels
- Ability to build out community content and communications to educate community members and encourage new product adoption
- Is a confident presenter, can host Information Sessions with potential and member organizations to drive awareness and adoption of OCP principles. Present to executive level technologists of Fortune 500 organizations
- Can effectively lead quarterly Leadership Sprints, with the IC (Incubation Committee) and Project Leads, who are volunteers.
- Attend and present community updates to the Board of Directors quarterly, and as needed.
- Help drive the curriculum for 15 to 20 events per year, including Technology Days, Engineering Workshops and our annual Summit, help in San Jose California, with nearly 3,000 attendees.
- Seeks opportunities to engage members to participate in Project work groups and serve on committees
- Proficiency with the entire MS Office suite and web applications, such as CRM, social media, email, WordPress, etc.
- Ability to travel frequently, including occasional international location.
- Possesses a passion for the Open Community
We are looking for someone who:
- Is smart, enthusiastic and curious – someone who is proactive and creative
- Wants to collaborate with a seasoned team
- Has exceptional organization, project management and communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Understands the industry from a high level, big picture perspective, but strong technical acumen, ideally an engineer at some point in his/her career
- Brings strong collaboration and communications skills, someone who brings people together
- Understands branding, and the power of a strong brand
This position offers a base salary, commensurate with experience, and full benefits.
The Open Compute Project Foundation is a 501(c)6 organization, founded in 2011 by Facebook, Intel and Rackspace. Its Mission is to apply the principles and philosophies of open source software to hardware in, near and around the data center ecosystem.
The headquarters is in Austin, however this person can work remotely from any location, with a flexible schedule. Extensive travel is required, primarily to the Bay area, and some international.
Rocky Bullock, CEO
Send resumes and cover letters to the above email address. No phone calls please.