YOU can help lead the OCP Community!
The OCP Community is an ever evolving, innovating and thriving community. However, we now have special circumstances requiring a special election. In this case, our HPC Community requires your help. Both our project leads have left their current companies and moved on to do amazing things at their new companies. Given their new ventures are taking them in a different direction, they have opted to step down from their leadership roles. This group is now in need of a new Project Lead(s).
If an OCP project lead resigns from their position prior to the end of the term or if they can no longer fulfill their duties then the OCP project community will vote on the interim project lead. Manoj Roge and Devashish Paul have announced their resignations as the HPC project co-leads. We appreciate all their hard work and dedication to not only the OCP HPC project, but to the Foundation as well.
Time Line for the OCP HPC Project Lead Special Election
4-17 January 2018
19 January 2018
22 January - 2 February 2018
5 February 2018
Roles and Responsibilities of the an OCP Project Lead
Leadership of an OCP project is, by far, one of the most important volunteer roles within the OCP ecosystem.
The role of an OCP Project Lead includes (but not limited to):
- facilitate discussions, both online and in-person, that empower and encourage project participants to communicate, collaborate, and contribute to OCP in an open and transparent manner;
- support the direction of the Foundation by effectively communicating those goals to their projects through the OCP mailing lists, monthly calls, OCP events and various other tools;
- drive communication between their projects and the Foundation;
- work closely with the Foundation to grow the reach of their respective projects and that of the OCP ecosystem;
- focus on the needs of the project participants, the projects goals, and the OCP Foundation’s goals and philosophies.
In addition the Project Leads must be able to infuse their project with the following traits:
- strong community leadership
- world wide collaboration
- inclusive vs exclusive approach
- technical excellence
- focus on innovation
How does the nominations process work?
Any member from an eligible tiered organization (Silver/Gold/Platinum or Community with valid contribution) can nominate themselves or someone else on the project for inclusion on the ballot. Please fill out the webform before 5pm Pacific time on 17 January, 2018
Who is eligible for Nomination?
Anyone from a tiered member organization (Silver/Gold/Platinum or Community with valid contribution) whose membership is in good standing. All nominees memberships will be validated. Community Level members are eligible to be nominated if their organization has made a valid contribution to OCP.
The interim project lead will hold this seat until the regular scheduled project lead election in July 2018.
- All nominations must be added to the webform no later than 5pm central on 17 January, 2018
- Community and Silver level members are eligible to hold no more than 1 leadership position at any one time.
- Gold level members are eligible to hold no more than 2 leadership positions at any one time.
- Platinum level members are eligible to hold no more 3 leadership positions at any one time.