Wednesday, February 05, 2014 · Posted by Amber Graner at 4:56 AM
We are pleased to announce registration is now open for a 2-day Engineering Workshop and Hackathon in Macao, Special Administrative Region.
This event will take place on 5-6 March and will be co-located with Linaro Connect.
This is a free event and open to the public. If you would like to attend you can register here.
Please note that OCP Engineering Workshops are not open to media. If you're a reporter who has questions about OCP, please email email@example.com
The goals of this Engineering Workshop include:
- Increased community participation and stickiness. (Tiered Membership)
- Increase the OCP technology portfolio; depth and breadth of specifications and charters.
- Drive the product-ionization of OCP’s specifications.
- Solidify specification versioning pipeline, release process, naming conventions.
- Take into account/understand the suppliers needs and OCP partners needs
- Implementation of OCP’s legal framework (New Hardware License)
- Building out/addressing technologies for new sectors.
Call for participation:
Do you want to continue the discussions and progress from OCP Summit V? Are you currently part of an OCP Project? Do plan on being in Macao? Would you like to help lead the sessions and drive the discussion? If so, please contact your project leads via your mailing lists and submit your ideas today.
The Tentative Agenda for both days is as follows:
9a-12p Welcome/General Session
9a-12p Technical Breakouts
9a- 12p Hackathon
1p-1:30p Closing session
Hackathon breakout after the welcome sessions. This Hackathon is for those who just want to hack on OCP related hardware and software. Bring your ideas and your hardware, hang out with the OCP and ARM communities and hack away.
A more detailed schedule will be added over the next week.
Holiday Inn Macao, Cotai Central
At Sands Cotai Central,
Cotai Strip, Taipa, Macao SAR
Tel: 853 2828 2228
Travel Details: http://www.linaro.org/connect-lca14/travel-details