We made it! OCP is now in the Testimonial Phase of the Incubation Committee (IC) election process. The nomination phase of this election lasted longer than we expected due to the Tiered Membership Program though we are now ready to start the next phase of elections.
Tiered Membership has now been rolled out and all members have been contacted and given the opportunity to sign the new membership agreement and update their membership levels. If you have questions about your membership level please email us with your questions.
The Foundation would like to thank those who have been nominated for their patience and willingness to sit on the OCP Incubation Committee(IC). For some this will be a first time opportunity and for others this will be a continuation of their commitment to OCP. Regardless, we extend our appreciation and thanks!
Nominees and the seats they are seeking on the IC are as follows (listed in alphabetical order by first name):
- Aaron Sullivan - Compliance and Interoperability Seat
- Bob Ogrey - Server Seat
- Chilung Wang - Hardware Management Seat
- Conor Malone - Storage Seat
- Kushagra Vaid - Networking Seat
- Lakshmi Mandyam - Networking Seat
- Matt Corddry - Open Rack Seat
- Stephen Rousset - Hardware Management Seat
- William (Bill) Carter - Data Center Seat
If you would like to add a testimonial for any of the nominees you can do so by clicking on their names* and adding a comment to that page.
The update timeline is as follows:
- 10 Mar 2014 - Call for Nominations Starts
- 2 May 2014 - Call for Nominations Ends
- 5 May Begin Verification Process
- 28 May 2014 - Publish list
- 28 May 2014 - Testimonial Phase Starts
- 6 June 2014 - Testimonial Phase Ends
- 9 June 2014 - Voting Phase Begins
- 20 June 2014 - Voting Phase Ends
- 23 June 2014 - New IC Announced
Only OCP Silver, Gold, and Platinum Corporate members are eligible to run for the IC and only Gold and Platinum members are eligible to vote.
Between now and 9 June Gold and Platinum members will be contacted and asked to reply with the names of the individuals who will be receiving voting keys. Gold members will be given 2 keys and Platinum Members will be given 3 keys. To vote all organizations must be member in good standing with a current membership agreement on file. Those whose membership had expired have been contacted. Membership agreements expire 1 year from the date they were signed.
More information about OCP governance can be found at: http://www.opencompute.org/wiki/Governance
If you have any questions about getting involved in OCP, becoming a member, or what your current organizational standing is please get in touch!
Once again a sincere thank you to the passion and commitment shown by the above nominees and to those who nominated, testified and ultimately will vote. We are 100% committed to ensuring OCP remain a community focused project!
*Please note if there is no link for an individual, we will update the post as the information becomes available.