OCP will host an engineering workshop on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 from 8:00am-6:00pm at the San Antonio campus of the University of Texas. While this event is free and open to the public, registration is required. This is your invitation to join the OCP community and help drive the future of open hardware. Limited seating available, so register today!
The day will kick off at 8:00am with on-site registration and at 9:00am the 'Opening Welcome' and 'General Session' starts.
While the schedule is still subject change we have an exciting lineup of speakers, tracks, and sessions. Tracks are focused on the OCP C&I, Networking and Storage projects. There are several hands on demo's scheduled as well.
(1) - Update on CPU Agnostic Motherboard Reference Design
with RapidIO (Devashish Paul, Senior Product Manager, IDT)
(2) - Facility Ops Maturity Model Document (Jason S. Schafer)
(1) - Network Project Intro by Najam;
Broadcom Contribution Walkthrough (Sujal Das)
|(1) - Compute Capable SSD||
(1) - Intro: Project Mission
High Level Goals
Who's who - introductions
|12 - 1pm||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|1 - 2pm||-||
(2) - Interface Masters OpenSwitch Demo
(2) - Using USB RAID-on-Chip For Hypervisor Boot Disk
(2) - Recap of key takeaways from last workshop OCP Ready / Checkbox status - with quick PXE boot demonstration
|2 - 3pm||-||
(3) - Cumulus / ONIE Demo & Discussion (Curt Brune)
|(3) - Review and work on the "Storage Use Case Document"||
(3) Update on OCP Certification Lab Taiwan / ITRI and UTSA OCP Certification Lab Tour
|3 - 3:30pm||Break||Break||Break||Break|
|3:30 - 4:30pm||-||
(4) - Mellanox Proposed Contribution Discussion (Amit Katz)
(4) - Hands-on lab on the Knox environment.
(4) OCP Certification / Moving Forward
|4:30 - 5:30pm||-||
(5) - Discussion of Potential Linux Distro for Network Project
|-||(5) - Next Steps|
|5:30 - 6pm||-||
(6) - Discussion of Potential HAL / API for Network Project
(6) - Getting the message out - Call to action.
A limited number of seats are still available and space is filling up quickly, so register today to reserve your seat.
* H-E-B University Center, 15 Paseo Principal, University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78249 (Ballrooms 1 & 2)
Sponsors for this event include:
Sponsorship opportunities are still available for this and our 2014 events. If you or your organization are interested in sponsoring an OCP Engineering Workshop please email Stephainie Loayza.
More information about OCP and how you can participate can be found at: http://www.opencompute.org/
We look forward to seeing you at UTSA on Wednesday, November 13, 2013.